A woman's lingerie collection is very complete with pantyhose, stockings, and stay-ups of different colors, types, and styles. But it is important that they're worn with care, because even the most beautiful cocktail dress can become a disaster if you haven't worn the right hosiery. While the right type is a matter of personal style and taste, it is important that they compliment your outfit. Here are a few things to look for before buying the right legwear.
- Choose the right color: Unless you want to stand out in the crowd, buy stockings that match the shoes. And if you're wearing a red dress with a red shoe, do not wear red stockings. Nude stockings are perfect for red dresses and shoes that have an open toe. Also, when you buy nude hosiery, choose stockings that are a shade lighter than the color of your skin. This makes the hose look darker and slimmer. If you are looking for pantyhose with a different texture, fishnet stockings are a great choice. There also the right choice if you're looking for some peekaboo effect.
- Choose the right fabric: Lycra and nylon are the most common choice. Silk is also a popular choice, but they are expensive that the others, and hence reserved for special occasions. You can also choose from hosiery made from cotton or wool. There's also hosiery made from support materials. These are used for special conditions like varicose veins and swollen legs. You can choose the shimmer type if you are looking for a hosiery to match your evening wear. Since lycra stretches more than nylon, you will have to buy legwear that is one size smaller.
- It is usual for underwear to be classified under sizes like A, B, C, or a combination of letters. Make sure that you check the sizing chart on the cover, to determine the size that is right for you. You will have to choose one that according your height and weight.
- Make sure that you buy the right hosiery to ensure that it lasts long. Avoid buying stockings that are too loose or tight. Loose stockings can be embarrassing because you would be spending your night pulling it up.
- While it is tempting to buy cheap lingerie, make sure that they are odor proof. Good quality hosiery are treated to kill bacteria that grow in moist conditions.